Bray’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival is back in March
Saint-Patrick de Bray’s feast is back from Wednesday March 16 to Sunday March 20, 2022 with high-level family entertainment including Bird’s Euroshow Funfair, an open-air Céilí, street theatre, walks, trails, a scavenger hunt, the Bray Parade, or you can just listen to great live music at one of the many venues in town.
Bray and District Chamber of Commerce President Sarah Finnegan said, “The return of the St. Patrick’s Day Festival to Bray is of great significance as it celebrates our culture, our heritage and is a welcome thumbs up to help our local economy bounce back. From the parade to the incredible free family entertainment, there is something for everyone”.
Thousands of people are expected to line the city streets again for the St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which will feature a strong multicultural element, music, dancing and entertainment.
This year the festival has partnered with the Bray Autism Friendly Group and there will be a Quiet Zone during the parade at the corner of Quinsboro Road and the Carlisle Grounds.
The grand marshal of the parade this year is Bray “Person of the Year” broadcaster, Declan Meehan.
The parade will start at the Hôtel de Ville from 2 p.m. and will take a new route this year. Due to this new route, road closures will be in place on Thursday, March 17 from 1 p.m. until after 3 p.m. Affected roads include Main Street, Florence Road, Eglinton Road, Quinsboro Road, Seymour Road, Seapoint Road, Strand Road and surrounding junctions.
This year’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival has something for the whole family. Watch the highlights:
Events/entertainment throughout the festival from Wednesday March 16 to Sunday March 20:
- Enjoy all the thrills and overflows of the Bird’s Euroshow Funfair as it returns to Bray Seafront from Wednesday March 16 to Sunday March 20, 2022. It opens Wednesday March 16 at 3 p.m. and then daily from 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- At your leisure, take the family or a group of friends for an adventurous day with our new family treasure hunt Experience where you could win a voucher for The Dough Box, Bray.
- Throughout the festival, see iconic Bray District landmarks including City Hall, Municipal Offices and the Bandstand#Go green on the occasion of our national holiday.
- Join Susie from White Doodle Workshops in celebrating St. Patrick’s Day by learning several ways to create your own clover! Watch the workshop at www.bray.ie/stpatricksfestival at your own pace, then share your shamrock photos using the hashtag #PaddysBray.
- There are cracking live music in many places in the city. Full music listings can be found at https://www.bray.ie/events/.
Thursday March 17, 2022:
- The main event of the festival, the Bray Parade The kick-off will be given at 2:00 p.m. from the Town Hall at the observation post on the northern part of the seafront.
Friday, March 18, 2022
- the Bray Head Walk is back this year with Bray Adventures at 10 a.m. Sign up for free at www.bray.ie/stpatricksfestival. Places are limited, reservation essential.
- Join Boomerang Brass Band (UK) live at the Clock Tower in Enniskerry Village for an afternoon of big band music at 12:30 p.m.
- The Bray Cualann Historical Society will be rocked over the years with a historical speech to Bray at 3 p.m. Sign up for free at www.bray.ie/stpatricksfestival. Places are limited, reservation essential.
- Look at the very talented Shauna McGauran School of Irish Dancing wow the audience by showing off their dancing skills with music by The Boomerang brass band on the bandstand from 4 p.m.
- Celebrate Ireland’s oral traditions with poetry, storytelling and song by Len Graham, Theo Dorgan and Jack Lynch at Mermaid. See http://www.mermaidartscentre.ie to book.
Saturday, March 19, 2022
- Look at some spectacular outdoor circus performances including headstands, magic, juggling and escape routines at Civic Plaza on Saturday, March 19 at 2 p.m. and Holy Redeemer on Main Street at 4 p.m.
- the Bray Classic Car Club will showcase some of their members’ beautiful classic and vintage cars from 2-4 p.m. in front of the bandstand.
- Enjoy a spectacular performance by Scoil Rince Fáinne as they showcase their Irish dancing skills on Bray’s iconic bandstand at 4 p.m.
- look Ireland against Scotland in the ultimate Celtic clash on the big screen outdoors in front of the bandstand at 4:45 p.m.
Sunday, March 20, 2022
- From 11 a.m. at the boathouse next to the café quay, why not let the brilliant Suzie create some face painting drawings and then learn irish dancing with Shauna McGauran School.
- To end the weekend in style, why not enjoy live music by Jamie Duf at the booth at 4 p.m.
You can learn more about the festival, sign up for free walks, talks, enter contests, access the scavenger hunt quiz, and watch the cloverleaf workshop by visiting https://www.bray. ie/stpatricksfestival/.
Bray’s St Patrick’s Day Festival is proudly brought to you by the Bray & District Chamber of Commerce, Wicklow County Council and Bray.ie. Bray.ie is a trading name of Bray Tourism.
Be sure to stay up to date by following bray.ie on https://twitter.com/bray_iehttps://www.facebook.com/braytown or https://www.instagram.com/braydotie/.
The hashtags for the event are #StPatricksFestivalBray #PaddysBray #BrayHeadWalk #HistoricalTalkBray #Bray #LoveBray.
2022 pocket guide – View and download here.