A motor show arrives at Lake Mirror and Orange Cup Regatta in Hollingsworth
It’s a week for car enthusiasts and boat racers: first the Lake Mirror Classic, then the Orange Cup Regatta.
• Along with the Lake Mirror Concours and Lake Mirror Car Show, the 21st Lake Mirror Classic will be held October 14-15 in downtown Lakeland. Hot Rod Rendezvous (some of the best hot rods, street rods, customs, and some very cool race cars) and Radwood (cars, trucks, and bikes from 1980-1999), are on display from 6-9 p.m. Fridays. Then on Saturday, Lake Mirror Concours d’Elegance (the best and rarest in automotive history, plus incredible race cars, rare wooden boats and amphicar fun) and Lake Mirror Downtown Open Car Show (classics, exotics, muscle cars, hot rods, specialty vehicles and trucks) starts at 10 a.m. Saturday. Everything ends at 3 p.m. All weekend events support local charities. https://lakemirrorcarshow.com/
• When you’ve seen all the cars, you can head to Lake Hollingsworth at 11am on October 15-16 for the Orange Cup Regatta, featuring over 100 powerboat racers in 12 different classes. Enjoy racing from the shores of Lake Hollingsworth. Take lawn chairs, blankets and snacks. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100077585247962
Full schedule of events:The weekend starts with the Lakeland Food Truck Rally or jazz at the Florida Southern tonight
• A little music and a mug of beer can complete the weekend at Swantoberfest 2022 at Swan Brewing, 115 W. Pine St., Lakeland. Hours are noon October 14 to 7 p.m. October 16. Gold-winning Swantoberfest beers, live music featuring John Frinzi and food trucks will be there. 863-703-0472, https://www.facebook.com/swanbrewingco/
• If crafting is your thing, head to the Historic Ritz Theater, 263 W. Central Ave., Winter Haven to paint with a little Hocus Pocus. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. on October 14 with hours from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. $15 includes pumpkin painting crafts and a pumpkin. https://centralfloridatix.com/events/painting-with-a-bit-of-hocus-pocus-9-30-2022. Concessions sold at the event. 863-937-1414, https://www.facebook.com/theritzwinterhaven/.
• Children are not forgotten. Paw Patrol Live! The Great Pirate Adventure (rescheduled from September 2021) takes over the RP Funding Center, 701 W. Lime St., Lakeland on October 19. Doors open at 5 p.m. for the 6 p.m. show. $23 to $107. 863-834-8111, www.rpfundingcenter.com.
For more local events, visit www.theledger.com/entertainment.